Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz175ltoMH3

Monday, July 26, 2010

Missions

I am on a couple of very big missions.

The first mission is to hold a bake sale for the Great American Bake Sale under the Share Our Strength Foundation. The bake sale will be held in mid-October or mid-November depending on the schedules of the CSN campus, Student Council of the high school, NHS of the high school, and SMAD. The Bake sale will be held at the Charleston Campus in builidings I (K) and D, hopefully. Also, I hope to expand the locations to the West Charleston Library and the Wal-Mart on Charleston and Torrey Pines.

I plan to get as many clubs that I know involved with this project so we can set up various locations for bake sales on one day. I hope to raise thousands and thousands of dollars because hunger in America is something that is easily passed by for organizations that are far from the US. I have a lot of work to do if I want this event to go smoothly. I plan on approaching many bakeries and organizations asking for donations and also spreading a lot of advertisements. I'm also interested in finding a way to have people donate online to the cause if they wish to do so. I think I'm going to have thank you cards to give out too.


My second mission is to save enough money to be able to study abroad in Osaka, Japan during the Fall Semester of 2011.


This is going to be EXPENSIVE & I happen to be stuck in the ever expanding middle class where I can't qualify for financial aid, and a lot of scholarships won't consider me because of my parent's income. While I find this to be an issue, it is only a small issue. I'm still going to apply for financial aid and scholarships in the hopes that one organization might hear my pleas. Since I do not have much faith in this system, I am determined to take matters into my own hands. I am going to hold bake sales, craft sales, ask for donations, contact small businesses, large businesses, iconic figures, family members. I am going to make sure that I can go to Osaka, Japan &that I will be comfortable with my finances there. I am going to use of all of my business savvy (still in progress, as always) to persuade the masses of people in Las Vegas that I deserve to study abroad and that they want to help me make this happen.

So, wish me luck bloggers!
It is going to be one busy year.

No comments:

Post a Comment