Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz175ltoMH3

Friday, July 30, 2010

Dying Red Fondant

This is a terrible subject. I spent so much valuable time today with a red no-taste bottle of gel paste in front of me and fondant in my hands. When I began to realize this fondant wasn't going anywhere above pink, I smeared Crisco on it, wrapped it in saran wrap, and huffed.

Then, I went to the wonderful invention of Google and looked up what to do about this dilemma. Apparently, red and black are two colors that need to set in order to achieve the right color. Interesting...&very good information.

Also, it's easier to use maraschino cherry juice in the beginning and then continue to knead in the red color to get a better taste and the correct hue.

Still though...maybe it's just easier to buy the darn stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment