Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz175ltoMH3

Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Beginning of Yummyness

It's hard for me to recall when this baking euphoria began. I vaguely recall loving sweets so much that I wanted to bake them every day & to enjoy them, I had to bake them well. I found countless recipes that made my mouth drool& spent hundreds of dollars at Wal-Mart searching for all of the ingredients.
The point of this post is to look through what I've baked & track my improvement. So, enjoy! (even though I don't have any viewers yet, I like to pretend that I do :] ).

1. I remember being ridiculously proud of this cake that any person can make. Obviously, it isn't the most impressive thing in the baking world, but OH WELL. It tasted good.















2. These were my first homemade cookies.
They were peanut butter with peanut butter and chocolate chips.
I became addicted to making things the homemade way.
















3. My first try at piping...& I didn't even know that I was piping.
4. My first fondant cake for a 21st birthday. My main goal was to just try out fondant & see if I liked it. I didn't just like it; I fell in love with the whole concept of decorating.
5. My 2nd fondant cake for my best friend's birthday. I took this picture in a way that you can't see all of my mistakes, because trust me, there were many. I didn't make enough cake, enough fondant, and my stems&letters were breaking. It was a complete mess, and I learned a lot from it. But, it looks rather darling here.
6. I made a whole bunch of these cupcakes for a co-worker's birthday mid-June. They all came out very cute & the process went smoothly. It seems that I'm improving.

These are just the desserts that I took pictures of. I'll try to take pictures more often to track the progress. But, to all of the people out there trying out new hobbies, this is just a tribute that says that the going is NEVER easy in the beginning. The more you stick to it, the more impressed you'll be with yourself.

Good Night Bloggers!

No comments:

Post a Comment